What We Believe
As a Southern Baptist Church, a summary of our beliefs can be found in a document called
Here are some of our core beliefs:
1. The Bible is our sole authority on all matters of faith and practice.
We believe in the inerrancy, sufficiency, and profitability of all Scripture.
2. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
3. Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are two ordinances given to the church by Christ by which we proclaim the gospel.
The word “baptize” in Greek means to “dip underwater.” Therefore, the baptism recognized by the church
is a believer’s baptism by immersion.
At Mount Vernon, we strive to celebrate the Lord’s Supper at least four times a year.
4. The church is the body of Christ where each member must serve and support the body.
5. The Great Commission is the driving force behind the church’s mission.
The Great Commission is the target of the church. Our prayer is that God uses us to reach Watauga/Ashe County, North Carolina, North America, and the nations with the gospel.